Please join the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority – West (SLFPA – W) for a tour of the West Closure Complex, the largest pump station in the world and the largest sector gate in North America.
Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015
9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Thursday, Nov. 12, 2015
10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
500 East Bayou Road
Belle Chasse, LA 70032
The tour will include demonstrations of how the closure’s 11 pumps powered by 5,600-horsepower engines and 225-foot sector gate will operate in a time of crisis or disaster.
Driving Directions to West Closure Complex (WCC)
- From the West Bank Expressway/US-90, take Exit 7, Lafayette St./LA-23 South
- Drive down Belle Chasse Highway/LA 23 South for 11 miles
- Take a Right on Walker Road and drive for 1.7 miles
- Take a Left onto a gravel road (Walker/E Bayou Rd.) drive for 2 miles
- Arrive at WCC, 500 East Bayou Road, Belle Chasse, LA 70032