Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority–West (SLFPA-W) and Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand will conduct a briefing on an agreement aimed at eradicating feral hogs that are damaging critically important West Bank levees. The briefing will include an explanation of the terms of the agreement, how it will be operated, its duration and other facets of the program.
10 a.m. on Thursday, October 9, 2014.
WHERE: 5566 Barataria Blvd. in Marrero at the V Levee. Following is a link to the media event:
• Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority–West: Susan Maclay, President of the Board of Commissioners
• Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand
• Interview with SLFPA-W President Susan Maclay
• Interview with Sheriff Newell Normand
• Equipment display with explanation by JPSO deputies